Some Things To Avoid When Designing The Web Site
Be aware of these common pitfalls when designing your site:
– Your house page will not quickly tell you what the Web site is all about. You ought to be able to go to the home page of any Web-site and figure out what the site is about, what kind of products that sells, or what it is advertising within five seconds.
– Poor people use of pop up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animated graphics and audio but that you’ve to watch intended for five to ten seconds before you are delivered to the real World wide web site), and other Web design features that bring interest away from your Site, products, and/ or providers.
– Poor Web site the navigation. This includes shattered hyperlinks, hidden navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take you to pages without links, backlinks that take you to similar Web page, and pages with no links returning to the home webpage (always will include a link back to the home page to ensure that regardless of where prospects are, they will find all their way back home! ).
— Believing that because you could have a Web site, you could have a marketing campaign or overall marketing and advertising technique. You need to understand that your Internet site is not really your marketing strategy. Your Site is just a a part of your overall web marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for instance , if you have a prosperous restaurant but want to market and promote your business www.notiexpress70.com online. Creating a Web site is great, but once it is not marketed and advertised, no one will ever find it. Simply by passing out business cards with your Website URL embossed on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign to promote your Web-site. If you provide a downloadable/ savings coupon out of your Web site, you are successfully using your Web-site as part of your marketing strategy to meet your goal of increased restaurant product sales.
– Inability to attain Web site relevance and content modernizing. There is almost nothing more dissatisfying to a Web customer than visiting an internet site that is grossly out of date. Inappropriate pricing, goods no longer readily available, dated articles, and old advertising all signify towards the Web site visitor that your devotion to your Web site can be suffering greatly. Cramming the pages with nonrelevant materials will deter the visitor from getting the level of your Web page (the five-second rule mentioned earlier).
— Avoid just too many text effects. Forget blinking text, curing text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other amazing and dizzying effects, which in turn do nothing much more than annoy your web sites visitor. May create a “loud” Web site that contain so many flashing, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, text, or design that site visitors are overpowered by the results and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of design on your Web page so that you no longer overwhelm your web sites visitors with “graphics overburden. ” Don’t use animated GIF images on your own Web site. These were cool 10 years ago, but also in today’s specialist environment, they are just another “loud, ” troublesome distraction that site visitors is not going to want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an online site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, all of us stand by the very fact that it may be used to design superb Web sites.
— Don’t combine frames in to Web site style. The use of support frames within a Site will travel customers apart faster than anything!
— DO include the proper Internet site design factors to ensure that your Web site is able to be found simply by search engines.