A Few Things To Avoid When Designing The Website
Be aware of these types of common pitfalls when designing your websites:
– Your house page would not quickly let you know what the Web page is all about. You will be able to visit the home page of any Site and discover what the internet site is about, what type of products that sells, www.enkayagency.comor perhaps what it is advertising within five seconds.
– The indegent use of popup windows, splashy advertising, landing pages (pages with neat animated graphics and sound but that you’ve to watch for the purpose of five to ten seconds before you are delivered to the real Internet site), and other Web design features that attract interest far from your Website, products, and/ or products and services.
– Poor Web site routing. This includes ruined hyperlinks, hidden navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take you to pages without links, links that consider you to precisely the same Web page, and pages with no links back in the home web page (always will include a link back to the home page in order that regardless of where website visitors are, they will find their very own way back home! ).
– Believing that because you could have a Web site, you may have a marketing advertising campaign or total marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that your Web site is not really your web marketing strategy. Your Web page is just a part of your overall online strategy, depending on your business goals; for example , if you have a prospering restaurant nevertheless want to advertise and market your business on the net. Creating a Web page is great, but if it is not marketed and advertised, no one will ever find it. By passing out custom business cards with your Site URL imprinted on them, you are using a conventional marketing campaign to develop your Internet site. If you offer a downloadable/ good coupon from the Web site, you are successfully using your Site as part of your web marketing strategy to meet your goal of elevated restaurant revenue.
– Failing to attain Web-site relevance and content upgrading. There is almost nothing more dissatisfying to a Internet customer than visiting an online site that is grossly out of date. Erroneous pricing, items no longer available, dated content, and historic advertising every signify for the Web site visitor that the devotion to your Web site can be suffering considerably. Cramming your pages with non-relevant materials will detract the visitor from getting the stage of your Internet site (the five-second rule brought up earlier).
– Avoid a lot of text effects. Forget flashing text, reversing text, gymnastics text, or other amazing and wild effects, which do nothing a lot more than annoy your blog visitor. Avoid create a “loud” Web site that may contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, textual content, or images that visitors are overpowered by the results and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of design on your Web page so that you avoid overwhelm your websites visitors with “graphics excess. ” Avoid using animated GIF images on your own Web site. Just read was cool a decade ago, playing with today’s professional environment, they are really just another “loud, ” annoying distraction that site visitors can not want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a website with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we all stand by the very fact that it may be used to design great Web sites.
– Don’t integrate frames in Web site design and style. The use of structures within a Web page will travel customers away faster than anything!
– DO include the proper Internet site design factors to ensure that the Web site is preparing to be found by search engines.