A Few Things In order to avoid When Designing Your Website
Be aware of these types of common problems when designing your web site:
– Your house page does not quickly tell you what the Web site is all about. You need to be able to go to the home page of any Internet site and determine what the internet site is about, what sort of products this sells, or perhaps what it is advertising and marketing within five seconds.
– The poor use of popup windows, splashy advertising, landing pages (pages with neat animations and sound but which you have to watch for five to ten secs before you are taken to the real Internet site), and also other Web design features that get interest away from your Web site, products, and/ or products.
– Poor Web site direction-finding. This includes ruined hyperlinks, hidden navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take you to pages with no links, links that have you to a similar Web page, and pages with no links back in the home site (always include a link back for the home page to ensure that regardless of where site visitors are, they can find their way back home! ).
– Believing that because you may have a Web site, you have a marketing advertising campaign or general marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that your Web site is certainly not your marketing strategy. Your Website is just a element of your overall web marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for example , if you have a productive restaurant although want to advertise and market your business online. Creating a Internet site is great, when it is not marketed and promoted, no one will ever find it. By passing out custom business cards with your Web-site URL embossed on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign to develop your Site. If you provide a downloadable/ savings coupon through your Web site, you are successfully using your Internet site as part of your marketing strategy to meet your main goal of elevated restaurant sales.
– Failure to attain Internet site relevance and content updating. There is almost nothing more dissatisfying to a World wide web customer than visiting a website that is grossly out of date. Incorrect pricing, products no longer offered, dated content material, and ancient advertising every signify to the Web site visitor that your devotion on your Web site is suffering significantly. Cramming the pages with nonrelevant material will take away the visitor from getting the point of your Web site (the five-second rule talked about earlier).
– Avoid just too many text effects. Forget blinking text, reversing text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other eye-popping and dizzying effects, which will do nothing a lot more than annoy your webblog visitor. Is not going to create a “loud” Web site that have so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and rotating icons, text message, or graphics that site visitors are weighed down by the effects and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of design on your Website so that you have a tendency overwhelm your web sites visitors with “graphics overload. ” Don’t use animated GIF images with your Web site. They were cool 10 years ago, employing today’s professional environment, they are simply just another “loud, ” annoying distraction that site visitors tend want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we all stand by the simple fact that it can be used to design wonderful Web sites.
— Don’t incorporate frames into Web site bubbleholdings.com design. The use of supports within a Web-site will drive customers aside faster than anything!
– DO integrate the proper Web page design factors to ensure that the Web site is able to be found by simply search engines.